That’s the nastiest issue faced by printer users. Hopefully, these fixes will help in resolving why is my printer offline issue or prevent it from popping up in the future. To fight an offline error, first of all, you should verify that your printer is securely connected to the wireless router and computer over the same network. Also, you should set your preferred printer as a default device and remove it from the Use Printer Offline configuration. Ensure that the printer you are using is updated to the latest version to prevent it from bugs. If nothing worked out until now then you should navigate to the Print Queues, click the Printer tab and remove the pending files. Follow these instructions, the offline problem should resolve.
Offline printer won’t allow you to print and sometimes restarting it also doesn’t mitigate the error. Knowing the steps on how to get a printer online remains the last resort to eliminate the problem. Here are some quick steps that you can take to fix it.
1. Restart the router, printer, and computer.
2. Disconnect and reconnect the cables back to your printer.
3. Ensure printer and computer connect to the same wireless network.
4. Open the Control Panel, locate the printer icon, right-click on it and click Set as default.
5. Also, ensure that the Use Printer Offline option is unchecked. If it’s already unchecked then click twice over it to get your printer back online.